I wrote this post sometime in early February and was meaning to post it but I guess I forgot all about it. Hope you will enjoy recreating this recipe!
Here is a easy-to-prepare snack that can also serve as a meal – lunch or dinner. I usually get a little over a dozen patties out of this recipe but it really depends upon the size of each patty. I store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use them within 3 days.
Russet Potatoes – 4-5 Large
Green peas 1/2 cup
Carrots 1/2 cup finely chopped
Green onions 1/4 cup finely chopped
Ginger 1 tbsp chopped
Serrano peppers or Jalapeno peppers 1/2 tbsp finely chopped
Cilantro 1/2 cup finely chopped
Salt as per taste
Bread slices 2
Cooking oil Canola or Olive
1. Boil the potatoes.
2. Cook the peas and carrots in microwave for 3 min until soft.
3. Cool and peel the potatoes. Mash them but not completely. Leave some small pieces intact.
4. Add the bread slices in small pieces and gently knead them into the potato mixture.
5. Now add all the remaining ingredients and mix it well.
6. Make about 2 inch balls out of the potato mixture and flatten each ball / patty slightly.
7. Heat the cast iron skillet on med-low and pour 1-2 tsp of oil on it. Place each patty on the skillet
and cook them until golden brown at the bottom. Turn and cook them on the other side, adding
more oil if needed.
Serve 2 ways
1. Split a hamburger bun and heat it over a cast iron skillet using a teeny bit of oil. You may skip the
oil if you want. Place a patty in the bun and top it with shredded lettuce or any other greens, thinly
sliced onions and some sweet and sour sauce or a fresh mint chutney.
2. Reheat a patty and flatten and break it down. Next fill a hot dog bun with the patty, greens, onions
and any condiments you may like.