…..and lots of them!
Here is my latest watercolor floral art that I want to share with you.
Most of the time I paint roses, poppies, sunflowers and lavender, but this time I tried painting plumerias, hollyhocks, and crocuses. Even though I do not have a green thumb, I love painting flowers.
Painting hydrangeas was so much fun. The trick to painting them is you start with the central blossoms coloring them a little darker and as you get to the ones in the periphery you lighten up the shade.
Believe it or not, I found painting the plumerias most difficult even though they look pretty simple! My favorite however was the hollyhocks!!
I am always looking for beauty products that are as natural and non toxic as possible and nothing can be more natural than those you can create on your kitchen countertop with your own hands! So here I present my very own soothing and nourishing face oil for those cold dry wintry months! You can use this oil on your face as such or under your regular moisturizer.
The EO in this recipe stands for essential oil. I buy the Aura Cacia and Now brands from Sprouts or Natural Grocers.
Now for the scoop on the oils! All the oils mentioned here are absolutely amazing for the skin and are so good at moisturizing but they also have some special qualities-
- Frankincense and Helichrysum are anti-aging with the former working on wrinkles and the latter working on scars and discoloration.
- Rose is anti-inflammatory but I use it mostly for its uplifting aroma.
- Lavender is my absolute favorite as it’s so calming. (I add it to almost every recipe).
- Avocado oil is a carrier oil (something that carries the EOs) as one shouldn’t use EOs directly on skin. It has a good shelf life of about a year and is rich in vitamins A and Bs and oleic acid and boasts some UV protection.
- Vitamin E has moisturizing and UV protective qualities. It also extends the shelf life of the product!
1 drop frankincense EO
1 drop helichrysum EO
5 drops rose EO
1 drop lavender EO
2 vitamin E oil capsules
60 drops avocado oil
A clean dry amber colored glass bottle with dropper
In a clean dry bottle, add all the ingredients. Keep it in a cool dark place.